2-015 Respectful care of infants and toddlers in ECE group care
Or $29 month in members club
Te Ara Poutama: He Whāriki motuhake
Understanding respectful infant and toddler care in group settings
This course takes a deep dive into understanding respectful infant and toddler care in group settings. Underpinned by learnings from RIE and Pikler philosophies, this course takes early childhood teachers through what quality infant and toddler group care looks, sounds and feels like. This includes a break down of significant care moments for children and teachers.
We support you to develop a clear understanding of why primary caregiving is so important in group ECE settings, and delve into the research that supports this practice. Furthermore we explore what this means for teachers and leaders working with infants and toddlers from a practical perspective.
We unpack the role of the primary caregiver and also how to create a secondary caregiver system.
And lastly we address the elephant in the room - ROSTERS! You know those dreadful old school practices of rostering teachers on jobs for "nappies, inside, outside and float." We show you how you can work successfully without rosters in a primary caregiving system that is in the best interests of infants and toddlers.
Certificate of completion provided for your professional learning records.
This course is for you if;
- You want to develop your understanding of respectful practice and what this looks like with infants and toddlers in group care.
You know that primary caregiving is best practice for infants and toddlers, but you are not sure exactly how to go about this.
- You want to build your knowledge and expertise as an infant and toddler specialist.
- You want to know how to work without rosters, how to implement primary caregiving, and how to create a high functioning infant and toddler team.
This course includes...
#1 What is primary caregiving?
And what is it NOT?
#2 What is respectful practice with infants and toddlers?
#3 Working without rosters in group care
All of our courses are;
- Available to you 24/7. So if you get the urge at midnight to learn and grow, you can come on in and make the best of your insomnia!
- Self paced and self directed. We provide videos, readings, resources and templates to help you learn.
- Research informed, and created by ECE experts with years of experience. So you can feel confident you are only learning accurate and current pedagogy.
Want to register a team member or group for this course?
This course has been created by Raewyne Bary (EdD) and Angela Bush
Raeywne Bary (EdD)
Angela is currently Curriculum Leader at three early childhood services in New Zealand where primary caregiving and RIE based philosophy is at the heart of infant and toddler practice.