FAQ and Help
Is the whole CDA program online with ECE Learning Unlimited?
Yes. We appreciate that most students prefer to study at their own pace and have busy lives. So our whole program is self-paced and online. Which means you can come in and out any time. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So whether you are a night owl or an early bird, you can study at the time that works best for you.
How long will I have to complete the program?
You will have up to 12 months to complete the program from the time you enrol.
Do I get a verified CDA qualification from this program?
Once you have successfully completed the whole CDA program with ECE Learning Unlimited we will provide you with a transcript and a final certificate of completion which will confirm that you have completed the required study hours and subjects for CDA. You can then go ahead and apply for verification in your local area with an approved CDA verifier.
How many study hours do I need to complete for CDA?
The Council for Professional Recognition requires that you complete a total of 120 learning hours for this program.
How do you measure that I have 120 learning hours?
Our clever platform tracks all of your study hours so we can see and verify if you have completed the required 120 hours.
How many subjects are there in the program?
There are eight subjects in the CDA program. These are;
- Understanding principles of child development and learning.
- Planning a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Advancing children's physical and intellectual development.
- Supporting children's social and emotional development.
- Observing and recording children's behaviour.
- Building productive relationships with families.
- Managing an effective program operation.
- Maintaining a commitment to professionalism.
How long is the CDA credential valid for?
The CDA credential is valid for three years from your completion date. Then you will need to renew this
How do I get my CDA online?
- Complete 120 learning hours in the ECE Learning Unlimited online program within one year (at least 15 hours in each of the 8 subjects).
- Obtain 480 hours work experience in either a family childcare program, center-based infant and toddler service, or preschool service.
- Create your CDA Professional Portfolio.
- Contact a local CDA Professional Development (PD) Specialist and book your verification.
- Apply for your final CDA credential online.
Will I be supported to create my CDA Professional Portfolio?
Yes! We provide you with guidance about how to create your CDA Professional Portfolio throughout your studies with ECE Learning Unlimited. So when you have completed the program, you are ready for the final steps in your CDA journey. We recommend this approach as you are able to apply your learning and complete the required tasks as you go rather than wait until the end of your studies.
If I complete my CDA in one state and then move somewhere else will my CDA still be recognized?
Your CDA qualification is recognized across the USA and is accepted in all states.
Ready to start your CDA training with ECE Learning Unlimited?