2-004 Defining and Evaluating Quality Practice
Presented by Bridgit Williams of InspirED ECE
Or $29 month in members club
Te Ara Poutama: Ngā aronga whai hua evaluation.
Defining and Evaluating Quality Practice
Part of a leader’s role involves ensuring teachers are meeting their professional obligations and expectations and this involves being able to make a judgement about whether practice is ‘good enough’ and what might need to be improved.
This course aims to build leaders’ evaluative capability so that judgements about practice are evidence-based. The approaches to evaluation of teaching practice are many and varied. Content will demystify evaluation and describe how the various mechanisms you already have in place can be used or further developed to support evaluation of teaching practice and programme.
Importantly we will explore the connection between assessment for children’s learning and evaluation of teaching practice.
- Videos exploring each of the modules in depth.
- Recommended reading.
- Resources to help you develop observation and feedback skills.
This short course is one of the modules from our Deep Dive Course "Curriculum Leadership." Access the full course to really sink your teeth into how to lead curriculum in your early childhood service.
Want to have access to ALL of our courses, webinars and resources for less than the cost of one course?
Members club is now open!
This course is for you if;
- You are in a position in your ECE service where you lead others. You may not necessarily be in a titled leadership position, but you are responsible for supporting other teachers in their learning.
- You want to know how to effectively define what "good" practice is for your team.
- You want to develop the knowledge and skills for evaluating practice in your service so that you can make sound decisions for ongoing improvement.
You are committed to ensuring your ECE service is the best that you can be.